There are many methods for rebuilding a new lawn and some are most cost effective. Others take significant time and effort. If you’ve ever been curious about hydroseeding as an option for your home or business, this is the article for you. Hydroseeding can produce a luxurious property in half of the time as sod and at a fraction of the cost, but let’s start with the basics.
- What is hydroseeding? Hydroseeding is a process of planting that uses a wet mixture of seed, mulch, and fertilizer. It is an alternative to traditional dry seeding.
- How is hydroseeding performed? Rather than traditional, dry seeding methods, seeds are sprayed on your lawn in a wet mixture. This mixture is green in color and also includes fertilizer. This method virtually guarantees that the seeding will take.
- When can I see results from hydroseeding my property? After hydroseeding is performed on your property, some have reported visible grass after just five to seven days.
- Is straw necessary to keep my grass seed in place? No. Hydroseeding eliminates the need for standard methods of seeding. No protective cover is needed to keep your healthy grass seed in place while germination occurs. The benefit to this is it eliminates the possibility of weed seed being transmitted into your growth area via straw.
- Do I have to worry about it “not taking”? The answer is no. When using sod to create a luxurious lawn, there is a possibility that it will not take to the type of soil your property possesses. If it is not compatible, the grass roots will not take to your soil, causing the sod to have a rolled up look to it. If you would prefer to go with the traditional sod method, ask us about more details. Installation by a highly trained professional is critical for a sod lawn to flourish.
There are many benefits to the hydroseeding option for your property. Hydroseeding is cost effective, produces a high quality of grass because the root establishment is deep within your soil, and it provides thick, uniform coverage that traditional seeding methods may sometimes miss. If your property is large, or you own a commercial site, this method is extremely versatile for your needs. If erosion is a concern, hydroseeding can be incredibly effective for minimizing erosion in a short period of time, as application is significantly quicker than traditional methods. It is a safe method, non-toxic to the environment, pets, and children.
Contact the experts at 5280 Landscaping & Design today to explore how hydroseeding can work for you, your family, or your business. Learn more about the advantages and costs of hydroseeding by scheduling a time for us to review your property needs in detail. Don’t wait another minute to wow your neighbors or fellow business owners with a picture-perfect property!